July 6–10: Adventure B
An Innovative 5-Day 'Uncamp'
Backyard Adventures is a structured, but unscripted, way for kids to:
- Explore their own yard, neighborhood and community
- Learn about where they live
- Get outside and use their sense of wonder
- Discover new things on their own
- Develop independence and skills for everyday adventuring
Your daily Quest card and map will direct you to a new destination in the downtown Harbor Springs area each day. Every site is within walking/biking distance.
The destinations are specially designed as a weeklong adventure all over town. Each week the destinations change, so you can do Backyard Adventures more than once.
Even if you've been to the spots lots of times before, you will experience them in a whole new way using your Quest card and map!
Destinations may include: City beach, Zorn Park, city docks, Marina Park, Jo Ford Park, Zoll St beach, Jean Jardine Park, Ottawa Stadium, Reynolds Fields, Kiwanis Park, Raunecker Preserve and more!