LEVEL 1: BACKYARD ADVENTURES
This experience includes:
• Learn Local Academy Gear Bag (reusable drawstring bag with water bottle, journal, pencil, trail bar, and compass)
• 4 Quests (self-guided) using your Field Guides and Quest Maps plus all supplies
• 4 StoryMapping sessions (staff-guided by TOPOnexus) plus all supplies
• 4 Bonus Bags with activities to extend your learning
• Level 1 Handbook for parents/caregivers
* Quests are not traditional walking tours but rather interactive experiences in a place around Little Travers Bay area. Choose 4 from the following locations:
- Harbor Springs - All Around Town
- Springs of Harbor Springs
- Petsokey - All Around Town
- Petoskey Waterfront
- Bear River Recreation Area
- North Central Michigan College campus
- LTC Offield Viewlands
- Petoskey State Park.
** StoryMapping is an interactive way to capture your learning from the Quests by combining drawings, diagrams, words, text and/or data. Kids create their own StoryMap, share their discoveries, and identify ways to keep exploring.
Our process is unique to TOPOnexus and based on Esri’s ArcGIS online platform.